Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Thrill of Chase

In this post, I decided to share a little man that unexpectedly stole my heart.

Chase is my 2 (almost 3!) year-old nephew. Chase lives with me because of my sister's demanding job. So in a lot of ways, I have helped raise Chase. Spending time with this little booger exponentially brightens my day. We cuddle, sing, talk, and wrestle mostly. My favorite is cuddling. His favorite is wrestling. Typical, right? Chase has helped me find a lot of beauty in life, and taught me to have more patience than I ever thought possible. Chase loves Jesus, and in pre-school he is learning the importance of good manners. Lately, he has been working on NOT stealing his classmates toys, or as he calls it, "swiping." Chase is a free spirit and has more energy than anyone I have ever met. On more than one occasion, Chase has stayed up past midnight with me. Anyone that knows Chase knows how gentle and kind he is. He would never intentionally hurt anyone. I love my "booger," as I have affectionately come to call him :) The love I have for Chase is unlike any I have ever experienced. I anticipate spending time with this little man. I wake up earlier than necessary just to ensure that I'll have time for my morning "love" --or cuddle session. If I love Chase this much, I can only imagine the way I'll feel about my own child, the very fruit of my body. But let's not get ahead of ourselves ... ;)

For right now, I have the pleasure of watching little Chase grow up physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I am so excited to teach Chase how to tie his shoes, his alphabet, and eventually how to ride a bike with no training wheels. I can't wait! :)

Here's Chase back when he was just a little muffin:



Here's Chase and I about 9 months ago at Disneyland :)



This is Chase and I about 7 months ago :)




My Cuddle Buddy!









We have the most amazing adventures!





He makes the best model :)







No comments:

Post a Comment