Friday, September 9, 2011

Let Go.

Yesterday was a blessed day, to say the least.

At about 10am, I just gave up. I gave up trying to make things work out, trying to make myself happy, all of it. I gave it to the Lord because I don't want to deal with these struggles alone anymore. As he says in his word, we don't have to. In Matthew 11:28, Jesus said:

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

And as I gave up my stress to the Lord, amazing things began to occur.

After my Philosophy class, I went up to a guy in my class and asked him where he is from. He told me Oxnard. I told him that I heard an accent in his voice, and again, asked him where he came from. Smiling, he told me that he moved here from Uganda a year ago. I cannot even begin to express my level of excitement when he told me that. As many of you know, I travelled to Uganda last summer and it completely changed my life and who I am as a person. Going to Africa altered my dreams, goals, and passions. All for the better. After class, Aaron (the Ugandan) and I talked for over 15 minutes. We talked about everything Ugandan. Food, love, schools, the people ... everything. Lately I've been missing Uganda more than normal, and it was so great to not only find someone who has been there, but someone who is from there, someone who has a Ugandan heart. Just like me :)

After this encounter, I was filled with so much joy. Nothing could have brought me down.

At about 7pm yesterday, I went into a friend's work, a restaurant downtown. As soon as I sat down, my friend came over to me and told me that there was a Ugandan man in the restaurant! This man's name was George. He was about 50 years old, and lives in Uganda currently. George runs a school. I told him that I am going to school to become a teacher, and that I hope to serve in Uganda again someday. We said our goodbyes, and once again, I was so pumped up on love.

Yesterday was an incredible day to me because for the first time in my life, I saw the Lord providing for me. And that's not to say that God doesn't always take care of me. That's to say that yesterday, I was obedient in giving up my burdens to the Lord, and he was faithful in showing me his love. Yesterday taught me that just like Romans 8:28 says,

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

The Lord makes all things work together for my good.

Yesterday, the Lord saw my needs, and he provided for me. Yesterday taught me that when you follow the Lord, he will bless you in ways that you could never imagine. I mean really, I've been home from Uganda for about 14 months, and since then, I have not met a single Ugandan person. But the day when I tell the Lord that I'm giving my burdens to him, I meet two. Coincidence? I think NOT ;)



I know the Lord will take me back to my home.




No comments:

Post a Comment