Sunday, June 20, 2010

8 days.

As of today, I am 8 days away from the beginning of my trip to Africa. I am filled with mixed emotions as I sit at this old computer desk in this noisy house and think about my upcoming trip. I can barely find the peace inside my head to think.

Firstly, I am nervous. I have never been away from my family for more than 2 weeks. For this trip, I'll be away from them for an entire month. Not only that, but I'll be on an entirely different continent. Halfway across the world. It is mind-blowing to me that I, an 18-year old girl from Southern California, will be used by God in the remote areas of Uganda. My only prayer is that I would not let the absence of my family, friends, or boyfriend bother me enough to get in the way of the work am I called to do while in Africa. I am also nervous about getting sick in Uganda. I pray for a strong immune system and that I stay healthy while on my trip so that I may be used to my full-potential.

Secondly, I am SO excited! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me to learn while there. I am anxious to meet as many people as I can and love everyone I come onto contact with. As strange as it sounds, I cannot wait to get there and have my heart broken. I want my heart to break for what breaks my Heavenly Father's. I want to be humbled by these peoples spirits. I know that they have so little but are grateful to even be alive. I can't wait to have my outlook and perspective on life changed, to receive a new found sense of gratitude and thankfulness for the things I have been blessed with. I pray that I will be humbled in every aspect of my life. I'm looking forward to growing as a person, growing in maturity, and most importantly, growing spiritually in my walk with God.

Thank you all for reading my blog. Your prayers and support are appreciated more than you could ever imagine. Thank you for everything, God Bless you!


In Christ,
Heaven

5 comments:

  1. May your journey be blessed. I will be praying for all of you Mize girls as you head out on you missions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heaven, What a great way to start off life outside of high school.May God bless you and all the people you will meet. May the children see Jesus through your compassion and kindness to them. May God bring you home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! God is the only perfect one & He is our leader. We are to become like He wants us to be. It's not always easy, but we must strive to be more like God and to become the person He wants us to become. It's been wonderful to see you grow in your love for Jesus and serving others. May you be blessed in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful thing you are doing Heaven. May God bless and keep you safe during your travels.
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank all of you gorgeous ladies so much! I appreaciate all of your support.

    Sincerely,
    Heaven

    ReplyDelete